Prof. Rinaldo Poli
- Laurea degree (magna cum laude), Chemistry, University of Pisa, Italy, April 1981.
- Ph.D. degree (magna cum laude), Chemistry, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy, September 1985.
- Exchange Ph.D. student, Imperial College of Science and Technology, London, 1983–1984.
- Research Associate, Texas A&M University, College Station, 1985–1987.
- University of Maryland, College Park: Assistant Professor (1987–1992), Associate Professor (1992–1995), Professor (1995–1996), Associate Chair and Director of Graduate Studies (1995–1996).
- Université de Bourgogne, Dijon: Professor (PR2 1996–1999, PR1 1999–2005), Department Chairman (2001–2003).
- Directeur de Recherche (détachement), LCC, Toulouse (2003–2005).
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Ingénieurs en Arts Chimiques et Technologiques (ENSIACET): Professor (PR1 2005–2007, PRCE1 2007–2011, PRCE2, 2011-present).
- Adjunct Professor: University of Maryland (2008–2014).
- Visiting Professor: TU München (1993–1994), Tokyo Metropolitan University (1995), Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory Oxford (1998), Los Alamos National Laboratory (2001, 2002, 2006), Celal Bayar Üniversitesi, Turkey (2003), Uni-Heidelberg (2008), Leibniz Institut für Katalyse, Rostock (2009), Université du Quebec à Montréal (2010), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bangi, Malaysia (2010), Osaka University (2012), UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil (2016), Huazhong Institute of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China (2018)
Honors and Awards
- Giuseppe Stampacchia Award (Rome, 1983)
- Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation Distinguished New Faculty (1987–92)
- Presidential Young Investigator (1990–95)
- Exxon Education Foundation Award (1991)
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow (1992–94)
- Medaglia Nasini (1992)
- Alexander von Humbolt Fellow (Forschungsstipendium, 1993)
- Senior member of the “Institut Universitaire de France” (2007-12)
- Alexander von Humbolt Fellow (Wiedereinladung, 2008)
- Senior Award of the “Interdivisional Group of Organometallic Chemistry” of the Italian Chemical Society (2010)
- Senior Award of the “Division of Coordination Chemistry” of the French Chemical Society (2010)
- Senior member of the “Institut Universitaire de France” (renewal, 2012-17)
- Franco-Brazilian chair, UFMG and French Embassy in Brazil (2016)
- Elected member of the European Academy of Sciences, 2018.
- Fellow of Chemistry Europe, 2018
- Paolo Chini Memorial Lecture, awarded by the Inorganic Chemistry Division of the Italian Chemical Society, 2019
- “Membre Distingué” (Fellow) of the French Chemical Society, 2020
- > 400 publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- 15 contributions to books and monographs
- 2 books
- >10,000 citations, H = 47 (Web of science)
- >110 invited talks at international conferences, symposia and schools
- >240 invited seminars in academic and industrial research institutions worldwide.
Guest editor, journals:
- J. Organomet. Chem. 2000, 593-594 (Fausto Calderazzo’s 70th birthday)
- J. Organomet. Chem. 2007, 692(15) (thematic volume: One-electron Organometallic Reactivity)
- Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2012(9) (thematic volume: Organometallic Chemistry, associated to the XIX EuCOMC)
- ChemCatChem 2013, 5(5) (thematic volume: Homogeneous Catalysis, associated to the 18th ISHC)
- Turk. J. Chem. 2015, 39(6), (thematic volume: Cross-Coupling Reactions)
- Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. (in preparation) (virtual volume: focus on the French Chemical Society Coordination Chemistry Division Prize Winners)
- “Recent Advances in Hydride Chemistry”. Elsevier Science, 2001 (with M. Peruzzini).
- “Effects of Nanoconfinement on Catalysis”. Springer International Publishing, 2017.
- CHEMTRACTS Inorg. Chem.: Expert Analysts (1996–2005)
- Eur. J. Inorg. Chem.: International Advisory Board (2002-2004)
- Eur. J. Inorg. Chem.: Editorial Board (2005–2007)
- Eur. J. Inorg. Chem.: Chairman of the Editorial Board (2008–2010)
- J. Organometal. Chem. (2011-present)
- Organometallics (2012-2014)
- Turkish Journal of Chemistry (Associate Editor, 2013-2017)
- Chem. Eur. J., Editorial Board (2014-present).
Organisation of Professional Meetings
- Trends in Transition Metal Chemistry, Pisa, Italy, 25–27 February 2000 (chairman).
- EURO-Hydrides 2000, Dijon, France, 6–9 September 2000 (chairman).
- 8th Eurasia Conference on Chemical Sciences, Hanoi, Vietnam, October 20–24, 2003 (convener of a Minisymposium entitled “Green Chemistry”).
- 232th ACS Meeting, San Francisco, 2006 (convener of a symposium entitled “Metal Complex Radical Chemistry”, together with V. Gibson and K. Theopold).
- Catalysis in Aqueous Media, Toulouse, Nov. 30 – Dec. 1, 2007 (co-chair with A.M. Caminade).
- 2nd EuCheMS Conference, Torino, Italy, September 16–20, 2008 (convener of a Symposium entitled “Radical Reactivity in Transition Metal Chemistry”).
- 19th EuCheMS Conference on Organometallic Chemistry (EuCOMC), Toulouse, France, July 2011 (co-chair with P. Kalck)
- CopAmphi 2012, 5-7 June 2012 (member of the Organizing Committee)
- 18th International Symposium on Homogeneous Catalysis (ISHC), Toulouse, France, July 2012 (co-chair with P. Kalck)
- 14th International Symposium on Applied Bioinorganic Chemistry (ISABC), Toulouse, France, June 2017 (member of local organizing committee)
- SCF18 (National Meeting of the French Chemical Society), Montpellier, France, July 2018 (member of organizing committee and coordinator of a scientific subcommittee)
- ECIRM2020 (European Colloquium on Inorganic Reaction Mechanisms), Toulouse, France, 2020 (chairman)
- ICCC2020 (International Conference on Coordination Chemistry), Rimini, Italy, 2020 (symposium co-organizer with F. Ragaini)
- Effects of the spin state in organometallic reactivity
- Hydrides and dihydrogen complexes
- High oxidation state aqueous organometallic chemistry and oxidation catalysis
- Homogeneous catalysis: intermolecular hydroamination of non-activated olefins
- Chiral ligands, their coordination chemistry and catalytic applications
- Metal-mediated controlled radical polymerization
- Biphasic catalysis with polymeric nanoreactors